[Novalug] Interest in Package Management Presentation?

Kevin Cole dc.loco@gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:21:47 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:23, John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org> wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Paul Sullivan wrote:
>
> I'd be interested.  If you wrote a book more up to date than Maximum
>
> RPM, I'd buy it.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Red-Hat-Guide-Eric-Foster-Johnson/dp/0764549650/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254842658&sr=8-1
>
> I was looking for a good RPM book about three years ago.  This one,
> published six years ago, would have been available, but I never got it.  I
> can't imagine I missed it, but I don't remember if I looked at it, and if
> so, why I rejected it.  I'll have to make a Borders run to check it out
> again.

Judging solely from the reviews provided, it appears that it spends a
lot of space covering how to use rpm and not much space on creating
packages.  I got a pretty negative impression when I skimmed the
reviews yesterday.

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC