[Novalug] Whoops: was supposed to be re: hosting websites

Roger W. Broseus RogerB@bronord.com
Wed Oct 7 10:24:26 EDT 2009

sorry 'bout that . . . i saw the subject line was wrong too late . . .
after hitting "Send"
--
Roger Broseus
   RogerB@bronord.com

bluehost.com

they are excellent. i moved from another hosting service due to poor
service, outages on the smtp server (for web mail), web mail outages, etc.

in the few cases where I needed help, I got thru to a REAL HUMAN and quickly.

i chose them after reading on-web ratings. they are in the top ten at
three rating sites:
8th out of 10  http://www.findmyhosting.com/
1st    http://www.upperhost.com/
7th    http://webhostinggeeks.com/

when at work, i need webmail - they have choices: horde, squirrelmail,
round cube.

in the few cases where I needed help, I got thru to a REAL HUMAN and quickly.

ssh access to shell. sftp. you can use their smtp server for outgoing if
needed (i use my internet service provider for most things).

https access to web mail, online configurator (account settings, ftp
account setup, etc.)

good prices. more than enuf email accounts, web space - policies don't
allow "clouds" / usage as a backup service.

can you tell i'm a satisfied customer?

/roger

>    4. hosting websites (greg pryzby)

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:30:29 -0400
> From: greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org>
> Subject: [Novalug] hosting websites
> To: NOVALUG <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
>
> I maintain a friends website (CSS + javascript).
>
> google is about to move from pages (works) to sites which does NOT
support CSS or javascript, so the site needs to move.

> dreamhost (10.95 monthly, 9.95 based on 1 yr payment, 8.95 for 2 years)
looks pretty good.