[Novalug] hosting websites

Shane Williams shgooseman@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 05:10:31 EDT 2009

I use Hostmonster and they have been very good.  $100 a year for their top service which provides unlimited bandwidth, space, emails, etc. works out great.  I am actually hosting 5 wordpress sites and 2 regular old html based websites (with CSS) and I barely tax what I have available to me.

Plus they offer static IPs and SSL certificates at a reasonable price.  And your yearly or monthly fee (with 1 year commitment) includes one domain name registration (they also will do this for you if you wish - I still use GoDaddy).

You can check them out at www.hostmonster.com.

Shane Williams, CISSP

------
"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."  Buckaroo Banzai

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:58:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bonnie Dalzell <bdalzell@qis.net>
Subject: Re: [Novalug] hosting websites
To: greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org>
Cc: NOVALUG <novalug@calypso.tux.org>

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, greg pryzby wrote:

> I maintain a friends website (CSS + javascript).
>
> google is about to move from pages (works) to sites which does NOT
> support CSS or javascript, so the site needs to move.
>
> dreamhost (10.95 monthly, 9.95 based on 1 yr payment, 8.95 for 2 years)
> looks pretty good.
>
> other recommendations?

If is is not a very large site if it is registered through directnic you
can host it for an additional $15  a year with directnic. (sites under 20
megabytes). Their premium hosting is $3.95 a month.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com