[Novalug] Video converter

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Tue Oct 6 16:08:17 EDT 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Okay, because I'm the idiot here ... let me point out that was 1
> search.
> I was thinking that people could "follow my lead" and do more
> searches.
> I was merely pointing to FreshMeat, with an example.

You're not an idiot.  The problem with your post is that was a bad
example of an "add GUI" search.  A lot of us (myself included) have
done searches for authoring apps like that and in more places with no
good answers.

No, I don't consider a DVD authoring program that can't figure out
what kind of video it was handed thus requiring a second application
for transcoding to be a good solution.  It's reasonable if I want to
hand-optimize the video, but not if I just want a quick DVD for
grandma / presentation / whatever.  IMHO, an excellent authoring app
would include a transcoder with easy, common options for quick
authoring and the ability to hand tweak every encoder option.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin@elfie.org