[Novalug] Video converter

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Tue Oct 6 14:54:26 EDT 2009

To be perfectly honest, I find myself dropping down to a CLI
on a regular basis because the GUI (yes, even under Windows)
fails to be exact with the options.  I glance over at the file size
and I'm like "WTF are you encoding with and at what rate?!"

But I still prefer to use GUI tools, especially for managing the
workflow.

I just want to re-iterate one last time that if a Windows application
works well for you, then there's nothing wrong with using it.  There
is nothing wrong with paying for software that matches your
expectation in workflow.

E.g., as I always say there is a fine line between people preferring
software and other solutions do not exist or does not do something.

There are countless tools for fine-grained DVD menu creation and
they can work on the same directory you are encoding files to.  If
they have to be the same program, well, I guess I'm an idiot.  ;)

My apologies for being an idiot.  I'm regularly an idiot.  ;)