[Novalug] DOH!, -> Cheese/ OLPC XO kids -> Grannies/ Gramps was Re: flat panel, mobile / dyno bike and auditorium audio was Re: Projector purchase

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 09:54:27 EST 2009

DOH!

Was thinking different signal type,
not just a plug issue,
and never really played with XLR
microphones, plus the podium
mic I didn't try taking apart under
the stand...

I'm thinking of blaming lack of sleep,
but alas the (other) group has already
blamed me, for something I said
I wasn't going to do ahead of time,
just stuck with when it wasn't happening,
20+ people arriving, etc...

I don't know why, but Psych types
seem to like flogging techies.
or maybe it's just me.

FWIW, since my language is so terse
psuedoEnglish and sometimes misunderstood,
it was a depression support
group facilitator training squatting at
GWU Hosp basement Auditorium
early Sunday 10 am
(read Radio Shack probably opens 10 am?
training started at 10 am, and Trader Joes
opened 8 am with pre-holiday fun).

Thanks again Nick.

re: video kids like Cheese (originally OLPC
XO Record activity on Sugar?
and revel in showing grandparents
and others what the old people can't do,
don't want to, etc.)   So depending on the ages
of kids (babies know to like weird green thing
but tend to try eating the ears/ antennae),
maybe something like that.

I think there is virt Mac,
Windows boots to SugarLabs.org LiveCDr,
and of course Linux sugar-jhbuild script
and run with regular linux desktop os
(mostly fedora) concurrently.

Video Conferencing / Videophone is not really the goal
with OLPC, just photos/ video clip of something,
as it's child safe stuff to not have live
video somehow in the security regime
of OLPC and/or Bitfrost? AFAIK

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Nick Danger <nick@hackermonkey.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:36:45 -0500
> jerry w <jerrywone@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Aside: Presentation of a webinar
>> in a school auditorium had a micrphone
>> (large plug) and DVD/VCR RCA output
>> and a desktop computer with mini
>> stereo headphone, almost a show
>> stopper until we brought in a laptop
>> and stuck the podium microphone down
>> to the computer speaker (serious kludge)
>> and someone worked on a amplifier,
>> so if the university IT doesn't come
>> up with something is there a converter
>> Stereo minijack to RCA adapter/
>> converter in existance?
>

> Do you mean RCA to 1/8"? (something like your VCR outputs to the plug
> on your ipod)  If thats what you mean, you can get a $5 cable at
> anywhere that sells electronics. Not a hard thing to find. If you mean
> something like an XLR balanced (the round 3 pin plug lots of old Mics
> used) then thats a little more complicated and you might have to go to
> Guitar Center or someplace like that. Let me know I'll dig through my
> adaptor box.
>
> Nick
>
> See: http://www.frontx.com/pro/c216_042.html
> or: http://www.full-screen-ahead.com.au/adapters.html