[Novalug] flat panel, mobile / dyno bike and auditorium audio was Re: Projector purchase

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Tue Nov 17 09:11:14 EST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:36:45 -0500
jerry w <jerrywone@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aside: Presentation of a webinar
> in a school auditorium had a micrphone
> (large plug) and DVD/VCR RCA output
> and a desktop computer with mini
> stereo headphone, almost a show
> stopper until we brought in a laptop
> and stuck the podium microphone down
> to the computer speaker (serious kludge)
> and someone worked on a amplifier,
> so if the university IT doesn't come
> up with something is there a converter
> Stereo minijack to RCA adapter/
> converter in existance?

Do you mean RCA to 1/8"? (something like your VCR outputs to the plug
on your ipod)  If thats what you mean, you can get a $5 cable at
anywhere that sells electronics. Not a hard thing to find. If you mean
something like an XLR balanced (the round 3 pin plug lots of old Mics
used) then thats a little more complicated and you might have to go to
Guitar Center or someplace like that. Let me know I'll dig through my
adaptor box.

Nick

See: http://www.frontx.com/pro/c216_042.html
or: http://www.full-screen-ahead.com.au/adapters.html