[Novalug] Mac + Linux video

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Mon Nov 16 10:45:11 EST 2009

Im just full of questions today :-)

As it gets closer to the holidays the family has been asking me about
video stuff. I have family in upper NY, CT, MA, and FL. the FL being the
 parents (now great grandparents). Its a mixed bag of mostly PC, some
Mac and Linux.

What works for cross platform? Or at least What will work with Pidgin
(?) and Adium + Windows?

I really havent played much with video chat on Linux, i don't even have
the camera working yet, but I figured I'd throw that into the mix
anyway. Mostly its what can work with Mac (os x) + windows to let my
folks see their great grandchild.

Nick