[Novalug] Ubuntu Updater

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Sun Nov 15 13:36:53 EST 2009

I'm curious about something. I'm running Kubuntu on my laptop. I notice many
occasions when I get a notification of updates available after boot-up but
before wireless networking has been established. I assume the data used to
determine that was downloaded during the previous session.

I'm also assuming that it does a check of the software database upon booting.
Why isn't a check made when the database is updated during the previous
session?

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.