[Novalug] Liquid cooling experience and information

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 15 11:02:58 EST 2009

We have built a system around a Thermaltake Armor LCS chassis:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1309&ID=1480

Works great..

Igor

________________________________
From: Cliff Palmer <cliff@palmercs.com>
To: novalug@calypso2.tux.org
Sent: Sun, November 15, 2009 5:58:06 AM
Subject: [Novalug] Liquid cooling experience and information

We just returned our third Intel Core I7-based workstation because of heat
related halts.  All we want is a Core I7 (even the low end model) based
system with 12 GB DDR-1066 and a single Nvidea GTX 260 video card that can
run for over an hour without a heat issue.

Since all of the workstations we returned were air cooled it made me wonder
if we should consider liquid cooled products, but I know next to nothing
about this.

Where can I find good "Liquid cooling for Dummies" - style information ?
Have you had any good or bad experience with liquid cooled workstations that
you could share?

Thanks!
Cliff