[Novalug] reply etiquette

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Mon Nov 9 18:58:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 02:42:01PM -0800, Bryan Seitz wrote:
> Jon,
>
>   IMO Mailman should be configured by default to direct the reply to the list and
> make messages come from the list.  I agree that in most cases, replying either
> to the poster OR to the list is the desired protocol.

Wouldn't the message list in your mail reader be very boring then, all
the messages coming from the same "member".

Some lists I'm on (including some managed by Mailman) set a "Reply-To: "
header that specifies the list but still leave the "From: " header to
indicate the poster.  The NovaLUG list does not set the "Reply-To: "
header.  Don't know if this would help any other mail readers.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing