[Novalug] reply etiquette

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon Nov 9 18:01:18 EST 2009

On 11/09/2009 05:42 PM, Bryan Seitz wrote:
> Jon,
>
>    IMO Mailman should be configured by default to direct the reply to the list and
> make messages come from the list.  I agree that in most cases, replying either
> to the poster OR to the list is the desired protocol.

Well, that is a very hot topic and was discussed in the past (I think on
this list and I know on other lists).

What is being 'accepted as normal' is reply is to the poster (not list)
and requiring the responder to pick to respond to list if that is
desired. The number of times that keeps traffic down or a personal aside
making it to the list is worth the effort.

--
greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby