[Novalug] confidential client info backup (

Dave Skolnick dskolnick@gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:37:25 EST 2009

> I have no concerns about backups I make personally
> and on my own medium.

I agree. I do keep client data in separate directories to reduce the
chances of misdirection.

> Has anyone considered whether this type of 3rd party
> backups would constitute a violation of their client/
> contractor agreements?

You would be liable for any data loss or leaks by the 3rd party. I'm
sure there are mechanisms to manage that (insurance, clauses in your
agreement with the 3rd party). Seems easier to me to do your own local
backups of client data, even if you choose to use a 3rd party for your
own data.

YMMV and IANAL.

- dave