[Novalug] virtual scrolling ?

Kevin Starkey kevin.linuxfan@gmail.com
Thu May 28 09:46:34 EDT 2009

Hi all,

A guy on twitter asked me about Linux support for 'virtual scrolling'.
I wasn't sure at first what he meant, but I think I get it now.

We both have a Dell Mini 9 netbook w/ screen rez 1024x600.  Some apps'
windows don't have a scroll bar so some of the items on the window can't
be seen (have tried many 'solutions' to no avail).  My current
'solution' is to bring up the same window on another pc so I can see the
whole window, and then I just put the cursor in the last field I can see
then tab (blindly) the appropriate number of times and use the spacebar
to select/deselect ...  Not the best route.  I'm pretty sure this is the
situation he's referring to, so I guess 'virtual scrolling' would
somehow solve this 'problem' (allowing you to scroll to see those 'off
screen' fields).

I did some searching but I've come up empty.

Anyone have any info I could take advantage of and pass along?

Thanks,