[Novalug] KDE 4

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Thu May 28 03:23:55 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 6:55:23 pm jecottrell3@comcast.net wrote:
> Details, Details. Silly me, I expected a lack of release number to imply
that it was zero.

> But that's even worse, as even the .1 release sucks too, as I expect the .2
will.

Actually, .2 was quite lovely and the reason I switched to KDE back in
January.

> Why can't KDE 4 be better than KDE 3?

IMHO, it is.  KDE 3 always sent me running back to GNOME.  The applications'
UIs were so difficult to parse and presented such brain-overload that it hurt my
head.  KDE 4 applications have improved greatly in this regard.  I'm not
really afraid of the Settings menu now.

> P.S. WTF is "plasmoid" anyway? Mine died on me today.

Plasma is probably what died.  It draws the plasmoids, which are all those
glassy things, like the panel and the desktop folder view, the battery monitor
(you can drag it off the panel and onto the desktop, so it's not really a panel
applet), etc.

> P.P.S. My window system seems to lock up too often, requiring resorting to
the Power Button.

Your window manager? Or X?

--
Mackenzie Morgan