[Novalug] screen saver with password

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Tue May 26 19:30:22 EDT 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Nino Pereira wrote:

> after my latest upgrade of Ubuntu and Debian the screen saver, which
> I vaguely remember having disabled earlier, has come back again.
> I have little problem with that except for the need to put my
> password in every $R^(#& time the screen saver kicks in.
>
> Can someone tell me how to turn this off? Can the screen saver be
> taught not to demand a password?

 	If you put the launcher on your panel, where you can
click to change screensavers, you can also right-click and tell
it not to. But you have to do it with both gnome-screensaver and
xscreensaver, or the other will lock you out.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --