[Novalug] File name problem making backup dvd

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Sat May 23 09:43:58 EDT 2009

You can run the mkisofs command manually with the -v option for verbose.  It should list the bad files that way.

You can also archive the files to a .tar or a .zip before burning to the cd.

Igor

________________________________
From: Bonnie Dalzell <bdalzell@qis.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:10:16 AM
Subject: [Novalug] File name problem making backup dvd

I have a bunch of folders copied from my amiga partitions I am trying to
burn to a dvd. currently they are sitting on an EXT3 formatted hard
drive.

Brasero gets part way through its setting up to burn and then
exits with the error:

BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Incorrectly encoded string (M
BraseroGrowisofs called brasero_job_error
BraseroGrowisofs finished with an error
BraseroGrowisofs asked to stop because of an error
    error        = 7
    message    = "Some files have invalid filenames"
BraseroGrowisofs stopping
BraseroGrowisofs got killed
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Possibly creating an invalid Joliet extension.
Aborting.
Session error : Some files have invalid filenames (brasero_burn_record
burn.c:2650)

is there any utility I can run on the folders in question to locate the
bad filename. i have tried looking for it but there are 4.3 gigs of
data in these folders.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com