[Novalug] Can gnome and kde coexist? (Anthony Soucek)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Thu May 21 21:30:20 EDT 2009

Anthony,

I can't answer your question directly BUT I have several KDE
applications that run with Gnome as my shell:

    * K3B for burning CDs
    * KPhotoalbum (for the obvious)
    * Konqueror - file manager / web browser (because I like certain
      features - also need "dolphin" for it to work correctly)

I like Gnome better because there is less clutter and it's easier for me
to use - I moved from KDE. So, maybe you can just install the apps you
want? Commonly, it's a matter of either using the Application installer
or apt-get install. To-date I have not observed any apparent conflict.
One is less likely to encounter such if the Ubuntu Application installer
is used.

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
    Email: RogerB@bronord.com
    Web Site: www.bronord.com