[Novalug] Southeast Linuxfest

georgia_tech_swagger georgia.tech.swagger@gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:19:54 EDT 2009

Howdy.  I am the speaker coordinator for the Southeast Linuxfest, and I'm
just making the rounds to give the community at large a final heads up on
the Southeast Linuxfest, and recruit volunteers.

What is the Southeast Linuxfest?

The SouthEast LinuxFest is a community event for anyone who wants to learn
more about Linux and Free & Open Source software. It is part educational
conference, and part social gathering. Like Linux itself, it is shared with
attendees of all skill levels to communicate tips, ideas, and to benefit all
who use Linux/Free and Open Source Software. LinuxFest is the place to
learn, to make new friends, to network with new business partners, and most
importantly, to have fun!

So no longer do you need to drive to Ohio for OLF or Los Angelos for SCaLE.
  We're bringing back the spirit of the old Atlanta Linux Showcase, and
making sure that there will once again be a major Linux event in the
GNU/South indefinitely.

Our first annual event will be June 13th, at Hendrix Student Center on the
campus of Clemson University, Clemson, SC.   Doors open to the public at
8:30 AM, and "officially" close at 6:00 PM.   There will be a pre-party at
8:00 PM June 12th, and a post-party after the event June 13th.

Our speaker lineup includes:
Keith Bergelt; Open Invention Network
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier; OpenSuse
Russell Bryant; Digium
Greg DeKoenigsberg; Red Hat
Chris DiBona; Google
Paul Frields; Fedora
Ian Geiser; The KDE Project
Ryan "Icculus" Gordon; The Linux Games Industry
Pete Graner; Canonical/Ubuntu
Michelle and Michael Hall; QuinnCo / Qimo
Alan Hicks; Slackware
D. Richard Hipp; SQLite, CVSTrac, Fossil
Brian Leonard; Sun Microsystems
Semmy Purewal; College of Charleston
Clint Savage; Fedora
Wendy Seltzer; EFF
Mark Spencer; Digium
Richard Weait; OpenStreetMap
Chad Wollenberg; Linux Basement
Robby Workman; Slackware

We will need volunteers to do everything from registration to shuttle
service to and from major airports for our speakers.   If you are interested
in helping out, please reply back.

SELF is *free* to attend, though an optional support package with t-shirt
and drink tickets is available.

Sign up to attend today at http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org

Jeremy Sands
Speaker Coordinator