[Novalug] [Ma-linux] OT: CD Burning Software

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Sun May 17 20:10:00 EDT 2009

> I have .net 3.5 installed.  Apparently there is a .net 2.0 version which uses
> a bit less space:
>
> http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Appendices/install-without-dotnet
>
> but otherwise you are pretty much stuck with it.
>
> There are other ways to reduce space usage with windows xp:
> - turn off system restore

I reduced it to 5% of drive space and this bought me 40MB of space.

> - clean up temp files

Give a couple locations, otherwise would just clean out temp files in IE.
Firefox is set to be default browser.

> - remove downloaded windows updates from
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download

I moved all directories under Download to another drive, this got me 600+MB
more free space.

Got any other things I can move?  Another 300+MB would be prefect.

I probably have enough to install 3.5 .NET now.

Jay