[Novalug] Mappery : Ye! Utuvienyes! and also Eureka!

Theodore Ruegsegger gruntly@gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:04:54 EDT 2009

Beartooth wrote:
>        Skimming through Fedora's routine updates, one day not long ago, I
> noticed the string "garmin" -- and just now thought to try one more time to
> make one of my GPSs (all of which are Garmins) talk to my legacy proprietary
> map software.
>
>        IT DID IT!

This is great news! Can you provide some more detail? Do you mean you
ran Garmin's software under Wine, or that Fedora provides a native
version? Which GPSs? Which legacy software? What failed before and
works now?

Ted