[Novalug] Website testing, request for comments.

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:31:34 EDT 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 10:24:04 am Beartooth wrote:
> On Sat, 9 May 2009, Charles M Howe wrote:
>
> > I do not, repeat DO NOT, like the black background.
>
>  	Second. I know they're high fashion among the young, but
> it makes it much harder to read;

And this young'n finds them much easier to read because white backgrounds are
like staring into a lightbulb for hours on end.  Ouch!  Turns out setting the
screen brightness as low as it can possibly go makes white backgrounds usable
though.  Unfortunately, that also sometimes lowers the contrast, which adds a
new problem...

>  It seems to run the best, but I can't live
> with bright colors on an abyss -- something to do with stiffening
> eyeballs, perhaps ...

Aye, that's the trouble, I mean.  The area outside the screen's not too
bright, so then the bright white screen *hurts*.  Though he did say he was
going to put green terminal text, didn't he?  I find that green and grey are
both fine on black, but I can't use white text on a black background because,
again, white is just too bright.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo