[Novalug] installed 9.04 side by sede with 8.04, can I remove 8.04?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Sat May 9 00:59:21 EDT 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 10:33:52 pm Anthony Soucek wrote:
> I am working on a multiboot laptop and I tried to upgrade Xubuntu 8.04 to
> Ubuntu 9.04...I was hoping the install program would allow me to format the
> ext 3 partition, but my only choice was "install side by side" or "use the
> whole disk".

There was a manual option too.

> I know I could use gparted live cd to blow away the ext3
> partition and reinstall Ubuntu 9.04, but It would be nice if there was an
> easy way to just delete Xubuntu 8.04.

Using said CD, delete the Xubuntu partition and resize the Ubuntu one to own
the newfound space.  Or just format the Xubuntu partition and use that space
for a spare storage partition.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo