[Novalug] VA Health records held ransom

ethan@757.org ethan@757.org
Wed May 6 10:21:35 EDT 2009

> There's another question that ought to be raised in view of proposals for a
> national medical database. Just how secure is *it* going to be?
> Dan

Easier to secure than to have thousands of different systems made by
different people.

I've always dreamed about the coolness of getting like every person in the
USA's name/birth/ssn/address, seeding a huge encrypted file all over
bittorrent, then dropping the password to open it. Wouldn't that be
insane? It'd like shut down everything all at once.

All because of a number issues by the gov't that was never supposed to be
used for identification.