[Novalug] a quick note about 9.04

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Sat May 2 22:32:36 EDT 2009

On Saturday 02 May 2009 10:26:41 pm Megan Larko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just got kubuntu 9.04 installed on my laptop with video/graphics chip
> "Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device".   It looks
> really nice.   I enabled a few of the additional features.   One thing I
> have tried but not yet been successful is to get different desktops (I
> usually use four) to have different wallpaper for each desktop.   This was
> do-able with earlier versions of kubuntu, but I have changed the wall paper
> from the default Oxygen picture, but not to make each desktop have its own
> picture.
>
> The only other thing I am still configuring is my home wireless network.
> The office wireless is okay so the parts/driver work.  I'm just not picking
> up something yet for the home net, but I think that is my own ignorance.

What chipset is your wireless car using? Mine is an Atheros chipset and I
couldn't get wireless to work reliably. I had to drop back to 8.10. All I
could get was intermittant wireless. When it worked, it was fine, but it kept
hanging for no apparent reason. Only a reboot could bring it back.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.