[Novalug] EeePC 701 installs keep failing

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sun Mar 29 11:46:20 EDT 2009

 	I keep hitting the same wall. I download a new .iso, burn
it to CD, pop that into my external USB CD/DVD drive, plug that
into my 701, and boot it up.

    Then I either tell it to install, or if that option isn't
offered, let it boot to Live CD, and then tell it to install.

    The install goes to completion, claiming success, and tells me
to remove the CD. The drive refuses to open. I pull the USB plug,
or I just shut down the EeePC with the power button; plug the
drive into a Fedora PC; and tell it to eject.

    But when the 701 tries to boot again, it fails, saying "Reboot
and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected
Boot device and press a key."

    I finally got disgusted enough to grab the *big* hammer -- ran
DBAN on the EeePC.  But the results are still the same.

    This happens with Parsix, Eeebuntu, crunchbang, and one or two
more.

     What the blazes is wrong? And what should I do about it??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.