[Novalug] format/reformat using Nautilus in Ubuntu?

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sat Mar 28 19:13:49 EDT 2009

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Michael Hans wrote:

> This happend to me once, used the on-camera format option and it did the
> trick (reformat & added the vendor directories back). Most digital cameras
> I've seen that have basic card mgmt provide formatting option burried deep in
> their menu's.

I did try restoring the format by using attempting to use the camera to
reformat the card but the camera does not even recognize the existance
of 256 mb the card now. I still have a small 32 MB card for it.

Got a new camera. the thing is it has so many icons in the view finder
and them submenus that open up when you choose an icon, that i have not
learned to use it. And I am not generally a technology-phobe. Just have
not had a week to sit and concentrate on the new camera.