[Novalug] upper case reversed

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sat Mar 28 11:06:17 EDT 2009

 	A few moments ago, with four machines behind a KVM
switch, the main one got itself locked out of this email server
-- I figured out too late that the caps lock key had gotten
itself reversed. With that key showing a light, I got normal
lower case; with it out, I got caps lock on.

 	I switched to each of the others in turn, and all three
were normal: no light, no upper case except with the shift key.

 	When I got back to this one, after have been lucky to get
through contortions to get into beartooth.info at all, it had
reverted to normal. (I got into the control panel with a browser,
which fortunately had a tab open to that, and changed my
password.)

 	I don't know how this machine got itself straightened
out. I've had the like happen before, and don't recall what I did
about it.

 	What causes this? Is it the keyboard, the PC, or the OS?
(I'm running Fedora 10 on all four machines.)

--
Beartooth Implacable
Death is not evil. Suffering is evil.