[Novalug] uploading a lot of files

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Thu Mar 26 14:48:17 EDT 2009

I have one web site that has a lot of files on it. around 50,000 actually.
I need to refresh all of them right now. My dsl up is terribly slow and
the various ways I am trying to upload them seem to choke.

also i have to reset permissions once they get there.

gnome-commander leaves them with rw-rw-rw set on the remote server even
though they start out as rw-r--r-- on my local machine and I cannot
seem to get chmod to work with gnome-commander.

gftp will reset the permissions with chmod but if I select too many files
at once things choke.

if anyone rents out upload time on a t1 that would probably help me.

this is really frustrating.  i did not have this problem last year.
                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com