[Novalug] Fedora & VirtualBox

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:41:24 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 8:13:46 am rich.goodwin@cox.net wrote:
> I am using VirtualBox on an AMD Phenom 4 (64-bit quad processor) system
running Ubuntu 8.10 as the main/host OS.  When I try to load Fedora x86-64, I
get the processor is the wrong type. i686 is the recognized type.  When I use
the amd64 bit iso, I get the same thing!  It works using the 32-bit i386
version.

> What I read indicates the ??_64 should work... "on most AMD processors."
Has anyone else seen this?  I encountered this early this morning and may not
have had sufficient caffeine ... but it seemed a tad off.

You're running a 32bit host system.  Stop doing that.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo