[Novalug] All-in-One Machines

The Doctor drwho@virtadpt.net
Thu Mar 19 09:36:07 EDT 2009

Jay Hart wrote:
> What are people on this list using for all-in-one printer, copier, scanners
> machines?

I'm using an HP c5180 at home.

> The two requirements are that it be on small physical size and that it must
> work with Linux and Windows. I'd prefer to stay away from HP brand products,
> if there are other options.

It's not terribly small but it does fit nicely on top of the
(half-height) filing cabinet.  Printing and copying work well; I still
have yet to get [x]sane to recognize the scanner, but scanning to SD
card (did I mention the multi-card reader?) works around that, and plus
I can take the card with me to edit the scans on the road.  I just wish
that the ink tanks didn't have the "after this date your ink's expired,
so tough noogies" functionality.

--

The Doctor [412/724/301/703]

WWW: http://drwho.virtadpt.net/