[Novalug] *%&^*$%#^$@!! Comcast

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Thu Mar 19 10:56:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Adam Portier wrote:

> Give Chromium a shot, the port of Google Chrome. You have tried
> every other web-page rendering engine I know of for Linux, why
> not Webkit? It *should* work the same as Safari for displaying
> pages, and Comcast officially supports OSX afaik.

 	I've tried running every *browser* I can get (and will
eventually try all I have against Comcast.net, though not with
hope); but I don't even know what a rendering engine is.

 	Yum doesn't get it, and sourceforge offers only source
code -- which is way beyond me.

 	I wouldn't know a line of code if it bit me, and
scrupulously avoid commands like "make" and "install" -- even
without them, I've been known more that once to bollix up a
machine so bad it couldn't get online to holler for help.

 	But IO see linux people with Comcast addresses. There
must be some trick.

--
Beartooth Implacable
Death is not evil. Suffering is evil.