[Novalug] email and imap server?

Opus opus@slowlanecafe.com
Wed Mar 18 22:44:11 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has implemented a
production email server with imap capability.  I'm implementing an email
server from scratch for the first time and need to have imap
capability.  The server is running Ubuntu 8.04 server, and currently has
exim and mailman (a listserver) installed, configured and running, but
not yet in production.  With the current config, I'd need to add just an
imap server, and am considering Dovecot.  The other option I've
considered is changing to courier for both mta and imap functionality,
and it claims to have mailing list support as well (it also has webmail
support, which might be a bonus in the future).

I'd welcome any comparisons or recommendations from anyone that has used
one or both of these solutions, or another one that I've not yet considered.

--
Andy Anderson
Salisbury, MD, USA

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."
                                                     - Anonymous