[Novalug] well it was the graphic card after all

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Tue Mar 17 23:23:45 EDT 2009

it finally died for good today despite all the alternate theories i had
been pursueing. no one had an inexpensive agp card locally available so i
went to cyberguys and purchases an nvidia GeForce 6200 PCI card with DVI.

i figured that getting a pci card would avoid the problem of "is it the
card or is it the slot in the motherboard". also the PCI card was
cheaper.

the nice thing about Linux as an operating system is that I bought this
more modern graphic card that goes in a different slot than my old card
and put it in and the computer then booted and worked with the wide screen
lcd display without my having to install special drivers or anything else.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com