[Novalug] desktop hang ups

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sat Mar 14 16:41:46 EDT 2009

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

> On Saturday 14 March 2009 4:19:05 pm Bonnie Dalzell wrote:
>>
>>   well i finally googled gnome-panel cpu usage and discovered it is a BUG
> that
>>   has been around for a while. If you use gnome panel in vertical mode and
> have
>>   more than 8 apps open in the panel then it starts consuming cpu cycles.
>>
>>   since I have a wide display I was use it in vertical mode and I had made
> two
>>   side panels....
>
> If you remove the window list applet so that you have to alt+tab through all
> the windows, does it still happen?  Wondering if it's the panel or the
> applet...I've got the source here since I was doing some work on gnome-panel
> (haven't finished, school got in the way), so I could take a look.

have not tried removing the window list applet.

i did download a script that was supposed to fix the bug. it has not done
anything about being a memorvore since i ran that but also i have
gnome-panel in horizontal mode right now.

here is a link to one of many messages about the memory leak bug in
gnome-panel

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/229976

> --
> Mackenzie Morgan
> http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com
> apt-get moo

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com