[Novalug] OT - Power Supply

Joel G unician@speakeasy.net
Wed Mar 11 18:43:48 EDT 2009

JRR wrote:

   > You cannot check a digital fly forward / fly back power supply
   > unless it is connected to a load.  The readings will be wrong.

To clarify:  I meant that one should check that a motherboard / PSU
pair are compatible before connecting them and applying power,
not that one should check PSU voltage and current.  Yes, a "smart"
contemporary PC power supply will behave differently when under load,
and so must be tested with something more sophisticated than, say,
a basic multimeter.