[Novalug] OT - Power Supply

Clif Flynt clif@cflynt.com
Tue Mar 10 12:50:18 EDT 2009

 John Yodsnukis wrote:

    > Doing a little early spring cleaning.  I have a couple of tower PCs
    > that appear to have faulty power supplies.  How can I test this?

  I picked up a little power supply tester from compgeeks a few
years back.  I suspect MicroCenter or Fry's would carry something
similar.

  This is a gadget about half the size of a deck of cards with various
power adapter ports.  You can plug an ATX cable into it, or the hard-drive
molex, etc.

  A set of LEDs will tell you if the power is missing.

  Obviously, this won't report things like noisy power, slightly
low voltage, short intermittents, etc, but it's useful for a
'this lacks +12" type test.

Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..