[Novalug] Fedora 10 acting odd outside docking station?

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Fri Mar 6 07:57:22 EST 2009

I will try to find the bugzilla entry and fix. Mirroring works, but
non-mirroring was an issue. bugzilla had something that worked, but in
and out of the docking station would have strange results

xrandr --auto
is important to remember to undo all the bad things that can happen :)

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> Haven't tried Fedora recently, but I have an Acer 22" Wide 1680x1050,
> and under CentOS, I get about 1400x1050, with a black rectangle on the
> right side. Hitting Ctrl-Alt-+ fixes it tho, giving me the whole screen.
>
> Maybe you're not really getting 1680x1080? How do you know you are? I
> press the menu button on my LCD and look at the dimensions on the info
> screen, so I know I am. Maybe you could run (is it...) xlsdisplay to
> find out?
>
> Last summer, I had a 22" wide Dell monitor that I never could get to
> work in anything better than 1280x1024.
>
> As Greg mentioned, the dual monitor off one video card doesn't really
> work either (at least not from system-config-display, I haven't tried
> tweaking Xorg.conf by hand yet).
>
> I don't think Red Hat cares all that much; their bread and butter is the
> Data Center, Clustering, GFS, and Virtualization.
>
> The GUI stuff is pretty much a pass-thru, and they don't have much
> control over it.
>
> JIM
>
> Michael Hans wrote:
>> So I installed Fedora 10 on my IBM W500 (15” wide screen) laptop a few
>> days ago and struggling with a weird gnome issue. I installed at my
>> house (no docking station), installed my ATI drivers and everything is
>> working fine except title bars look way to big for the resolution
>> (1680x1050).
>>
>> Whats weird is if I put the laptop into it's docking station all the
>> title bars are fixed...
>>
>> Clue's as to what could cause this (switched from Ubuntu on same laptop
>> and wasn't a problem...)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Michael

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
                                          http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby
BLOG: http://restonartistree.blogspot.com/
WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/