[Novalug] Question

Kyle Powell kyle_powell@yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 23:01:28 EST 2009

It's not a nit and I applaud John for trying to correct the misinformation you're spreading on this list.

> > On Mar 1, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Richard Barnes wrote:
> > (Actually, limiting DHCP and fixed to separate ranges is effectively
> > the same thing as making them different subnets.

This is absolutely incorrect. If I'm using the subnet 192.168.0.0/24 and I setup a dhcp server to hand out addresses from a pool of 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199, allowing the rest of the addresses on that subnet to be used for static addresses, they're all still on the same subnet.

-Kyle