[Novalug] Novalug tape library

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Thu Jul 23 00:05:56 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 22 July 2009 10:35:43 pm Roy Wilson wrote:
> > >    The more MS puts out "fixes", the more newbies like me are going to
> > > migrate to *nix based systems, so expect more requests. :)
> >
> > Illogical, same thing exist for Linux systems, and *nix systems in
> > general.
> >
> > Some would say that Suse 9 was better then Suse 10.1 or 10.2.  I won't
> > install another Suse box.  Too many "fixes" did me in.
>
>    The last *nix system I ran was SCO on a 386 with a dozen users hanging
> off it.  Needless to say, I'm more than a bit rusty.
>
>    But Dan Arico swayed me over to Kubuntu, and it's a close enough look to
> XP/Vista that there will be a lot more people switching over as they get
> fed up with MS.
>
>    So if there is an indexed library, I know I'd find it a very useful
> resource.

At the risk of starting a religious war.....

I run OpenSUSE on all my desktops. The biggest reason is Yast - a very handy
configuration tool.

The biggest reason I went to Ubuntu on my laptops was wireless. I just
couldn't get it to work on any version of OpenSUSE past 9.0.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.