[Novalug] Windows virtualization performance

John Meagher jmeagher@patriot.net
Wed Jul 22 08:03:31 EDT 2009

Hello Novalug,

Has anybody had acceptable performance of a virtualized Windows guest
running under a linux hypervisor?  So far in my experiments with the
latest ubuntu and centos kvm as well as the latest xen have resulted in
performance way too slow to be useful.  Linux guests seem to be OK.  I'm
using a quad core Phenom AMD machine with 8GB.  I haven't tried any
paravirtualization drivers yet. I'm trying to run under full virtualization.

Thanks,

John