[Novalug] Microsoft to open stores next to Apple stores + Illogical M$ fan

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Thu Jul 16 11:24:31 EDT 2009

Here is an article about Micro$oft planning to open stores next to
Apple stores:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/07/microsoft-to-open-retail-stores-next-to-apples/#comments

Here is an illogical comment by Posted by: thatguyalex | 07/15/09 | 11:44
pm:
<quote>

5 years ago I was using Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer,
Windows Media Player, and Hotmail. Today I used Windows Vista, Open
Office, Firefox, VLC and Gmail.

It’s almost as if Microsoft should just stick to making OS’s and selling
Office to corporate clients.

I can’t imagine what I would want to go into a Microsoft store for. An
XBOX? (please - I own a PS3 and Wii)…A Zune? (I have two ipods)…an OS? (I
will get it whenever I buy a new PC)…

It’s not that I am against Microsoft (I’d sooner choke that use Apple’s
overrated OS and Linux can’t run anything I want), I just think they fail
to understand that most of their products are 2nd rate and people choose
them almost by default
<end quote>

They guy claims that Linux cannot run anything he wants to run yet
all the aps he lists as currently being used are available as Linux aps.

Do you suppose that this poster does not know that Open Office, Firefox,
VLC and Gmail are Linux aps?

Of course Linux being open source and in many flavors does not have clever
TV ads. :-)

Weird.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com