[Novalug] Ubuntu vs Fedora

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sun Jul 5 10:49:58 EDT 2009

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, Don E. Groves, Jr. wrote:

 	[...]
> This minor difference can have a Speed and/or functionality
> difference.
>
> The second version will also more likely function in LOWER
> memory and/or LOWER number of avable file handles conditions.

 	I've been either doing su - passwd, or logging in to init
3 and doing passwd. After either, passwd and the root password
make me root at /root. With no one else ever going near my
computer, I can keep one terminal tab (with a contrasting color
scheme!) set so; I find that very convenient.

 	Is there a better way to be root in Ubuntu and its
clones?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.