[Novalug] Ubuntu: a neat thing about terminals and urls i did not know

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Fri Jan 16 16:43:30 EST 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Ed James wrote:

> Woot! I tried that using Gnome Terminal under FC6.  "Open Link"
> fires up a browser for that link.  Never knew that before.
> Also didn't know that Gnome Terminal can have multiple tabs
> open, just like a browser can.

 	How to make a guy feel better : for once, I knew
something.

 	Both have been doing that for years; I depend on them,
heavily. You can configure what browser (al)Pine uses, too; I
recommend Dillo. It's very fast, and very safe; if it doesn't
display a site, you can then decide whether you want to switch to
some great sea-cow of a browser, or just skip it.

--
Beartooth Bookworm, Cantankerous Curmudgeon
I have never owned a television. Nor wanted to.