[Novalug] Two files with the same name: Hunh?!

Charles M Howe cmhowe@patriot.net
Tue Jan 13 22:54:43 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 11:46 -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:16:33AM -0500, Charles M Howe wrote:
> > First of all, I am going to terminate this thread and start a better
> > one , or maybe two, for two different problems.
> >
> I've seen some editors that start with a help screen under two
> conditions, no file mentioned or a new, non-existant file named.
>
> Perhaps the subject file "phone-list-a" actually has a different
> name, hidden or non-printing chars (eg. control or spaces) or
> misread chars, ell for one, - for _, etc.
>
> jl
 Hmmm Isn't there a vi command that displays all non-printing
characters? Or maybe ls? (I still haven't been able to find my "Learning
vi" or "Running Linux" since I moved what can be called my study -- if
you laugh when you call it that.)

Charlie