[Novalug] screencapturing?

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sat Jan 10 16:03:13 EST 2009

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Travis Arnold wrote:

TA >Beartooth wrote:
TA >> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Travis Arnold wrote:
TA >>
TA >>> aye, the techsupport for my grandparents, and as occasion warrants,
TA >>> my parents as well.  THey however can get the instructions I tell
TA >>> them, where as with the grandparents it does I found work when you
TA >>> can show them something, even if that is only a picture(video would
TA >>> probably be better here I think). and can then demonstrate how it
TA >>> would work. [...]
TA >>
TA >>     Remember oldfarts move slow, and often think even slower : the
TA >> more you have stored up in memory, the longer it takes to navigate
TA >> past temptations and distractions. Video may entertain them, but give
TA >> too little time for them to anchor ideas among the memories.
TA >>
TA >>     You might do better with a slide show -- one they can easily
TA >> navigate back and forth in, at their own pace.
TA >>
TA >Huh, thanks, *nods* that might be better thinking of it, thanks.

once you have your instructional slides you can set the "slide show" up as
a series of web pages and they can view it from a cd or memory stick
using their browser.

I can make a template page for you if you need that help.

back and forth arrows at top and botton, space for image and a block you
put the explanatory text in.

each successive page is numbered simply 1.html, 2.html etc so all you
have to do is put the template in a simple text editor and enter the text
within a marked block, enter the name of the slide and change the back and
forth arrow tag anchors.

actually i have a little perl program i wrote which will generate a set of
pages on a standard template from a simple text - data file.

TA >Novalug mailing list
TA >Novalug@calypso.tux.org