[Novalug] Fedora 10 issues booting

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com
Wed Jan 7 03:47:43 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 09:27 -0500, Nick Danger wrote:

> Panasonic Toughbook CF-51  (Series G )  1.6 Mobile Pentium, 1G memory,
> Ati Mobil Radeon display can do 1600 x 1200 but I think I am normally at
> 1024x768 or 1280x1024, Intel wireless and wired (e100 and an 2200 b/g
> wireless) Intel sound 8201 AC97 (?)

I did my first install of Fedora 10 tonight using the Live ISO CD on an
old AMD Athlon-1000 with 512M of RAM, old video card, etc.  It was
probably the easiest install I've ever done so let anyone lurking on
this thread know Fedora 10 is fine for some systems and an obstacle for
others -- like any Linux distribution.

The three blue bars are new to me.  On one of my boot ups, I went to the
grub boot screen and hit tab to edit the default boot options.  'quiet'
is one of them and I took that off so that I could see more traditional
boot messages.  So I got to see plenty of new stuff, then the blue bars
came up and I *immediately* hit ESC to return to seeing kernel/OS boot
messages.

Can you try this and see if you can get closer to pinpointing where the
system is stopping?

Wish I could *see* your system in person..

--
Maxwell Spangler
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA