[Novalug] Fedora 10 issues booting

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Sun Jan 4 19:10:44 EST 2009

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Nick Danger <nick@hackermonkey.com> wrote:
>> As I said 'noprobe' worked to get me to text
>> install screen on Fedora 10 but then it couldn't see the CD to load so
>> that didn't really help.
>
> That sounds exactly like a kernel modesetting problem.
>
> I know I suggested nomodeset before, but it's not clear to me if you tried it.
>
> Cheers

I did try nomodeset as well. It did not help, everything either ends
with the white bar at the bottom with fedora 10 next to it, or with that
bar in the middle when it changes modes. I can't seem to remember how to
get a text install now. I managed to trash my DVD by accident so I need
to burn another. THese last test were done with the install CD which I
couldn't get to do a text install for some reason. Isn't it just 'text'
on the boot line?

Nick