[Novalug] What to put on a G4 Laptop?

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Thu Feb 26 10:47:57 EST 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, rarob@comcast.net wrote:

> Yellow Dog Linux (www.yellowdoglinux.com - or their new site
> http://us.fixstars.com/products/ydl/) is a PPC specific linux
 	[snipperoo]
> That being said, I think most of the major flavors of linux
> have a PPC port, officially or otherwise.

 	All very informative, thanks! One small footnote : the
interfaces, at least between YDL and Fedora, are quite different,
or were in the years I ran them (on a G3 laptop).

 	 YDL sets out to be as much like the standard Apple
interface as possible, and the manual is written for people
coming from that. Fedora.ppc looks and behaves just like regular
Fedora.

--
Beartooth Bookworm, Cantankerous Curmudgeon
I have never owned a television. Nor wanted to.