[Novalug] chat security??

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sun Feb 22 16:30:53 EST 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> But, in addition to security of your messages, what about
> downloadable infections.  Have the chat clients (or servers)
> been a vector for any types of malware?

 	Certainly my understanding, back in the antediluvian days
I heard it, was that using chat somehow endangered your machine,
and not just your privacy. But that may well have changed since I
heard it. Such is part of what I'm trying to ask.

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
I try to be paranoid, but I just can't keep up.